Monday, May 17, 2010

BeZOOtiful!


(I kind of stole the idea of my title from my friend Andrea who happened to be our friend at the zoo today.)
  :)
Anyways,
Every month I try, very hard, to get the moms that stay home together.  We usually meet up at each other's houses or parks so today I thought it would be fun to meet up at the zoo.
It started out looking gray, and cooler but turned into a beautiful day!
We ate a little breakfast snack and headed into the zoo.  We went to the children's petting zoo part first.  I had not been through the woodsy area since we first moved here.  I actually really enjoyed it because we got to see a rooster up close and personal and we also got to see some otters swimming around.
After we strolled through this section of the zoo the kids wanted to play on the play area.  As we were sitting there enjoying our view from the bench the fountains were turned on.  (We thought we were not going to get in the fountains because they said they were closed due to maintenance)  Well, we headed over there to check it out and much to our surprise and delight they were all fixed up and working!  YAY!
So the kids got all changed and had a blast playing in the water.  The babies got into it too.  Tinzley liked it but wanted to climb up the steps more than play in the water!
What a fun day!


Thanks also to Andrea on the AWESOME pics!

On another note...
I am working on running a half marathon.  As some of you may know, I am a HUGE Biggest Loser fan.  Every year I have been watching they have ran a marathon on the last episode before the finale.  Well, every year I feel like the biggest loser watching these people who were 350-400+ lbs run a marathon.  Back in September I took a little stumble down some stairs and have not been able to exercise really since then.  Well, I feel much better now and so I have been working on my running game.  I am trying to get 3 miles down so I can really start training.  It takes about 3-4 months if you can run a good 3 miles.  I will keep you posted of my progress.  This is something I really want to do!
After saying all of that, I was running Saturday night and took a little spill.  I banged up my knee pretty bad and hurt my other ankle.  I am taking a couple days off and then I am planning to get back out there. On Saturday I ran 20 min straight rested for 5 and then ran another 10.  I am on my way!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Looks like fun! And, you go girl with the half! And, once again, we should get these girls together. Chloe had that exact suit last year. These mamas have taste!

Ryla said...

What a super great time at the zoo! So much fun!! I am so proud of you for training to run a 1/2!! Way to go!! They just had the Lincoln marathon earlier this month and we had many friends from church run in it. I am so proud of you for making it happen for yourself!