Monday, April 12, 2010

Beach, pool, and weddings OH MY!

We have been in Sarasota, FL since Wednesday and we just got back last night.  It was such a nice trip but very busy and very tiring.  Vacation with little kids is NO vacation.  We did have fun playing on the beach and swimming in the pool.  We also had fun seeing a lot of family!
Wednesday we left around 7 in the morning.  The kids did great.  They both ate and slept in the car and for the most part they were happy.  We got into Sarasota 5 our time, 6 Sarasota time.  We met up with Tim and Nicolle and some of her family and friends at Old Salty Dog for dinner.  We had a good time eating and catching up with everybody.  Tim had the most fun while getting soaked by a knocked over drink by who else?  Jonas.  Other than that no major happenings to report.
We got back to the hotel LATE and we were all ready for bed.  We all slept pretty well.
We were up the next day by 8:15 and got ready and headed to the beach.  It was a beautiful day and perfect beach weather.  Tinzley and Jonas both had a great time playing in the sand and splashing in the water.  Jonas LOVED looking for seashells.  We were at the beach for about 2 hours and then headed over to Tim and Nicolle's beach house for lunch and a dip in the pool. 

Tinzley took a much needed nap while we all relaxed by the pool.  We then got ready to go to dinner that night with Tom's aunts and uncles and Tim and Nicolle and her family.  We ate at a very nice restaurant and it was pretty rough juggling the kids.  They did okay but Tom and I were ready to head out after eating.  We got some yummy gelato on our way out and then headed back to the hotel for again, some much needed rest.
Friday Tom went out with the guys to go fishing.  The kids and I went out and did some shopping and then let Tinzley take a morning nap.  We just hung around the hotel and relaxed.  I read a book and Jonas watched some TV while Tinzley napped.  We ate lunch and then headed back over to Tim and Nicolle's beach house.  Jonas and Tinzley got to swim in the pool together and Tinzley LOVED it.  The guys got back and we all got ready to go to the rehearsal on the beach.  We then at dinner and got some more ice cream after that!  We headed back to the hotel and again got some MUCH needed rest.  :)
Saturday we woke up early and headed out to the beach one last time before the wedding.  We stayed for about 2 hours again.  It was so much fun.  We met up with Tom's Nana, his aunt Karen, and his Uncle Grant and Aunt Thea, his Mom, Peggy and brother and sister, Eric and Wendy.  We all had fun buliding sand castles and soaking up some sun and splashing in the ocean and looking for seashells.  We headed into to get some lunch and get ready for the wedding.
We went to the wedding and then to the reception.  It was a beautiful wedding on the beach and the reception was nice too.  It was very late when we left and Tinzley had already conked out on my shoulder.  We ready to head out and say good bye to everyone. 
Sunday we woke up early and headed out around 8.  We got in last night around 6:15.  I am so happy for Tim and Nicolle.  I am also so happy we got to see everyone and that the kids enjoyed the beach and the pool.  We hopefully will be taking those kids again soon!  :)


Ryla said...

What a busy few days and I am sure that you are glad to be home and that everyone is able to sleep in their own beds! It looks like you had such a great time though, I am so glad you were able to be there and have so much great family time!!