Friday, June 25, 2010

Too lazy or too busy?

We have been having a crazy couple of weeks.  Non stop fun, non stop action, non stop moving.  The kids and I have been busy lounging by the pool this week.  We went Monday and Tuesday.  Jonas definitely got too much sun on Tuesday and so did I.  It was well worth it though because we have such great friends that are moving away this weekend.  We are SO sad to see them go.  Jonas said to me this morning he wanted to move to Memphis with them.  So cute!  They moved here the same time we did and they have  a little girl that is one month younger than Jonas.  It has been so great to watch them grow and play together.  It has also nice to not be alone during the terrible 2's, 3's, and so on.  :)
Monday we had our Stay at home Mom breakfast and it was so much fun to eat with everyone and then go and hang by the pool a little bit.  Have I mentioned I LOVE summer?
I am having a hard time remembering my camera to all of this fun. So not many pics to share.
Also, for those of you who have not heard I have gotten a part time job working at JCPenney.  This is to make a little extra money to pay off student loans.  I am determined, along with Tom, to get rid of them.  If we can stick to our plan mine will be paid off in two years.  Just in time for Jonas to go to Kindergarten.  It is not the greatest job but I have enjoyed it as much as anyone can enjoy a retail job.  I am very thankful to be able to get a job.  I know that is a tough things these days. 
Tom and I are also planning on running a half marathon with my friend Jodi in October in New Orleans.  We are all done with our couch to 5k and we are now onto our 19 weeks until the half marathon.  First week has been tricky with work, and the heat, and VBS planning.  (Did I mention I was in charge of crafts for VBS at our church? CRAZY!)  But we got all of our runs in this week and the big run is always on Sat.  So tomorrow we will be running 4 miles.  I have not done that since soccer 8-9 years ago.  I am SO excited about it though.  It really gives me something to look forward to and a goal to achieve.
So I am posting on here two big goals Tom and I want to accomplish this year so that you can all be thinking about us and holding us accountable. 
1.  Pay off my student loans in 2 years
2. Run a half marathon in October. (I also want to run another one in Birmingham in February with Tim and Nicolle)
That is what we have been up to.  I feel like I have been cheating with the blog posts lately.  Just posting pics. 
I have just been so BUSY.  In a good way.  All of these things are things to be thankful for.
We have VBS starting Sunday so it is going to be another crazy busy week.  Then it is 4th of July weekend.  Then I am off to Guatemala for 6 days for a mission trip with our church.  Again, so much to be thankful for and to be praying about. 
I am so excited for all of our events we have planned and also for my niece and nephew, Rachel and Isaiah coming for 2 weeks after I get back from Guatemala. 
I feel like I need a life planner to keep it all organized.  :) 
We hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as we are.  We wish we could see you all more.  I am trying to work out some mini vacations but money is SO tight. 

LOVE THESE KIDS!

1 comments:

Ryla said...

Way to go with the goals, I know you can accomplish both!! It is so crazy to think about how much we ran while playing soccer!! I know wish I could be in that kind of shape again!! You are getting there though!! Way to go!!